Do you like to talk about tech, but feel like you’re stranded on an island? Guess what – you’re NOT alone. We here at 40Tech love to talk about tech, and we’re sure many of you in the community do as well. So, we’re setting up our first ever 40Tech community chat. Will it be huge? Will it flop? Who knows, but we’re going to have fun in the process. Read on for the details.
- The chat will be on Wednesday, May 19 at 9 PM, U.S. Eastern time, 6 PM Pacific. This is 1:00 AM GMT on Thursday, May 20, 2010. The chat will last between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Topics, depending on time:
- iPad: Are you interested?
- Balancing tech and your relationship
- Evernote: Uses, comparisons, wants/needs, integrations, etc.
- Linux: Just for uber geeks?
- Do you trust Facebook?
- Open discussion
- This will be an audio chat, so you’ll need a microphone. It also helps if you have a headset, but it isn’t essential.
- We’re going to use Skype for the chat, so you’ll need to download it and set up an account if you haven’t done so already.
We’re still working out the details of what platform we will use, but we’re leaning towards Talkshoe Ventrilo .
- For our first chat, we’re going to limit it to
108 people (6, plus Bobby and Evan from 40Tech). If you’re interested, say so in the comments of this post. Make sure you include you email address in the email part of the comment form, so that we can send you connection details.
- We might record the chat, and release it later.
If you’re interested, sign up in the comments. Feel free to suggest topics as well, and if you have questions, fire away!