Whether you’re a tech geek or not, you should consider attending the ABA TECHSHOW if you want to make your practice more efficient. It’s not just for lawyers, but for anyone in the legal field. In addition to the dozens of CLE sessions to choose from, you can also visit the EXPO hall and check out products to improve your practice. We discovered my firm’s case management system in the TECHSHOW EXPO hall a few years ago, which then led to the discovery of our document management system and phone system. All were big improvements over our old systems.
Speaking of sessions, I’ll be back in Chicago this year presenting two sessions:
- Tame the (Data) Chaos with Your Mac, with Heidi Alexander.
March 1, 2019, 8:30 a.m.
- Mac Mastery: Top Mac Workflows Used by Real Attorneys, with Julie Tolek
March 1, 2019, 4:15 p.m.
If neither of those topics are for you, check out the 2019 schedule for a complete listing. I always have a hard time narrowing down the choices, although I plan to hit
most all of the sessions in the Mac Track. A few of the sessions I have my eyes on:
- Automation Tools for Law Firm Operations
- An Insider’s Tour of Office 365 and Office 2019
- We Don’t Need No Stinking Server (or Do We)?
- Using Document Automation To Improve Efficiency And Reduce Errors
- Default Settings in Office Every Law Firm Should Know
- Showtime in the Courtroom
- Do Unicorns Exist? The Paperless Law Office
- Get Your Mobile Ninja On: Top iOS Tips, Apps, and Gear
- Using Practice Management Systems to Streamline Processes
- Mac and iOS Security: What You Need to Know
- WOW! Videos, Photos, & Audio that Impress Clients and Juries
- Strengthen Your Core: Add-ins for Microsoft Word and Outlook
In addition to learning from Heidi and Julie, I’m looking forward to seeing other topnotch speakers like Brett Burney of Apps in Law, David Sparks of Mac Power Users and MacSparky, Jeff Richardson of iPhone JD, and many more.
If you attend, please say hello.